Southern California’s premier and the first aerial circus school in Orange County, the Ruby Karen Project / Orange County Aerial Arts (RKP/OCAA), is an aerial circus performing arts school for Kids, Youth, Adults and Seniors. In January 2009, the school started recreational classes as well as academic training up to professional levels, with yearly placement examinations. Currently (RKP/OCAA) conducts classes it two locations, Costa Mesa headquarters and Downtown Los Angeles satellite. The school is also a teaching facility to many instructors coming from within the local vicinity, out of state and other countries. They undergo and graduate from the RKP/OCAA teaching curriculum – IATTP (International Aerial Teacher training Program), a very intensive, rigorous and comprehensive course adopted as the teaching tool for Aerial Arts America, the latter being the governing institution for aerial teacher certification. The school also boards in classes relating to circus arts and fitness programs, and produces theatrical, industrial and commercial productions that not only include aerial circus arts but also ballet, contemporary and latin dance. As SAFETY is first in its list, RKP/OCAA provides technical rigging consultancy, not only to its school, productions and clientele, but also holds workshops to educate the general public about safety through proper training and space. The founders and directors of (RKP/OCAA) are seasoned veterans in the performing arts industry, a combined 40+ experience in the fields of dance, circus arts, sports and fitness. Ruby Karen has taught and performed continuously in over 20 countries and 50 cities, with repeated invitations for return visits. Aside from holding three world titles in ballet, acrobatics and latin, Ruby Karen has made a name in the household community as a visionary in the education and performing arts, with continuous innovations, setting standards in the aerial industry through its one and only unsurpassed festival, the West Coast Aerial Arts Festival and its education strategies that lead and provide awareness and safety education to other organizations.
Enjoy Life & Style – Featuring Ruby Karen Project
Video Clip courtesy of: Health Beauty Live Magazine
What makes the RUBY KAREN PROJECT unique?
- Progressive and structured approach
- Certified aerial instructors with extensive Aerial Arts TEACHING experience
- Safety: In-house Certified Rigger and maintenance of complete Aerial Arts insurance.
- Student’s PLACEMENT assessment for leveling purposes
- Apprenticeship training and Professional residency training program
- Comprehensive aerial arts vocabulary, enforced syllabus, and strong fundamentals
- Variety of classes :: Multiple apparatuses :::MIXED packages
- Servicing: ALL Age Groups and Levels :: Beginners thru Professional levels
- A Teaching Facility where many teachers and professional performers coming from all over the world
- … and Creative Programs designated Uncharted Territory
Here is a video clip of our Aerial Dance Fitness classes
Here is a video clip of Orange County Aerial Arts